Full Feature List - For Schools
Enjoy the Benefits of Online Training
- Everything runs from your web browser. There is no software to install.
- Use the program from any computer connected to the internet.
- Provides students and teachers with the ability to access accounts from home computers.
- Supports Windows, Mac, iPads, and Android tablets (using an external keyboard). See detailed system requirements.
- No need to install software updates. Enhancements we make to the web site are instantly available.
Customized Training for a Wide Range of Ages and Abilities
- Recommended age range: Elementary school to adult. (We recommend turning off punctuation exercises for grade 2 and below.)
- Supports beginning typists as well as those who already have some skill and want to improve.
- Multiple options for the curriculum:
- Use the built-in curriculum via the web site's computer-guided mode.
- Explicitly assign activities to your students.
- Allow students to freely explore the site, using the self-guided mode.
- Create your own exercises to match the specific needs of your students, or to combine typing training with other classroom topics.
- Numerous options are available to customize the course to match the student's goals, age level, skill level, and specific needs.
- Includes special features for special needs students (see details).
Easy to Use
- For the computer-guided mode (built-in curriculum), 12 animated talking coaches are available to guide your students step by step.
- The training modules demonstrate correct technique using clear, bold, easy-to-read graphics.
- Easy enough for children to understand, while offering training for adults and individuals who already have some skill.
Over 2500 Built-In Exercises
These cover a wide variety of topcs, including:
- Lessons to train specific fingers on the hand
- Lessons focusing on the home row, top row, and bottom row of the keyboard
- Longer typing tests designed to measure your speed
- Interesting trivia and famous quotations
- Jokes and humor
- Geography and world landmarks
- World history
- And much more!
Combine Learning and Fun with Our Typing Games
- Our Trivia Challenge typing game is a great way to learn new facts, have fun, and practice typing all at once. Earn points for getting the correct answer and typing quickly. Thousands of questions are included, covering multiple categories, ages, and skill levels.
- Goalie is a fast-paced game with a soccer theme. As the goalie, type the words next to each ball to keep the balls from reaching the goal. Don't let too many balls get past you, or you are out of the game.
- In Meteor Storm, your job is to save your space colony from falling meteors. Type the words next to the meteors to blast them with your laser. Don't let your shield collapse or you are out of the game.
- Typing Racer is a racing game in which a student's typing speed determines how fast his/her vehicle moves across the race track. Kids can play online against others in their class or school, or challenge the computer in single-player mode. To prevent the game from being too competitive, the game's reward system encourages students to complete the race regardless of how they place, and provides greater rewards to a student for beating his/her own speed than it does for winning.
Customizable Reports to Track Progress
- Track students' speed over time. Get a quick summary or view all exercises taken, with errors highlighted.
- See how much time your students are spending on the web site, and monitor activities completed.
- See how close your students are to reaching their goals, and identify areas of strength and weakness.
- Filter your results by date range, exercise groups, and level of detail.
Easily Manage 2 Students or 20,000 Students
An administrator account is included. This allows you to do the following:
- Create and manage accounts for students. Each student has a unique user ID and password.
- Upload student account information from a spreadsheet or a database. You can upload new accounts, as well as upload a list of changes to existing accounts, making annual updates to your student list very easy.
- Create additional administrator accounts, if desired.
- Create your own exercises.
- Assign exercises to your students.
- Generate reports and graphs.
Compatible with the LessonBoard Colored Keyboard
The LessonBoard, from Ablenet, is a keyboard that is color-coded by finger to make learning to type easier. TypingTraining.com provides an option to use an on-screen keyboard that matches the LessonBoard's colors.
No credit card required